The Parkland Community Library in Allentown, PA is currently seeking:
The Shelver position is Part-time - 12 hours per week.
One evening, one day, and every other Saturday.
Please contact Karen at
610-398-1361 ext. 20
Adult Services Librarian
The Parkland Community Library is seeking a dynamic, energetic, outgoing and enthusiastic individual to be the F/T Adult Services Librarian. This is a 35 hr. / wk. position.
A Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science from an appropriate agency or accredited institution
Knowledge and interest in developing collection and programs for adults
Excellent communication skills
· Select and maintain collection and budget for Adult Fiction, and Large Print materials and AV Materials including DVD’s, Books on CD, Music CD’s, and Great Courses.
· Maintain the library’s periodicals collection
· Maintain storage collection
· Plan, promote and implement programming for the adult population in the library or elsewhere in the service area
· Attend community events as scheduled
· Prepare and submit grant and budget proposals in areas of responsibility
· Update the library’s Social Media and Website as needed
· Send out press releases and promotional materials for programs, outreach and as requested
· Provide as scheduled, research assistance to library patrons of all ages
· Participate in Continuing Education by attending position appropriate conferences, meetings and workshops when possible
· Provide outreach to Nursing Homes and other agencies in the service area
· Maintain bulletin board and display case
If interested please email, send resume, 3 professional recommendations and a letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Jack, Executive Director
Parkland Community Library
4422 Walbert Avenue
Allentown, PA 18104
610-398-1361 ext. 22