The Parkland Community Library in Allentown, PA is currently seeking:
CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK CLERK - Part time
24 hr/week: every other Saturday, some evenings
Definition: Desk Clerk is responsible for delivery of services to the public at the circulation desk.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent.
Accountability: Responsible to the Customer Service Coordinator
1. Charges out and checks in materials.
2. Calls patrons regarding materials waiting on hold.
3. Sorts materials for shelving.
4. Shelves materials when necessary.
5. Other duties as assigned by coordinator.
Applications available at the circulation desk.
Please apply before April 30, 2015.
YOUTH SERVICES SUMMER STAFF - 2 Positions Available - Part time
Schedule: 12 hrs per week every week from June 8th - August 15th
Pay Rate: $8.50 per hour
Qualifications: High school diploma, ability to work with minimal direction.
Applicants with previous library experience will be highly considered.
Accountability: Responsible to the Head of Youth Services
- 1. Registers children for summer programs
- 2. Aids in summer activities and programming
- 3. Trains and works with teen summer volunteers
o Supervises teens during library events on and offsite.
o Manages teen volunteers during programming/shelving hours
- 4. Shelves materials when necessary
- 5. Assists patrons with reader’s advisory
- 6. Registers patrons for Summer Reading Club
- 7. Comfortable with technology such as Microsoft Office Suite.
o Create craft kits for patrons to take home
o Create library educational activities for Summer Reading Club
- 8. Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. minimum
- Ability to stoop, stand, and kneel
- Ability to sustain mental and physical activity for up to 3 hours
Send a resume, cover letter and three references to:
Alison Trautmann, Head of Youth Services
Questions? Call 610-398-1361 ext. 19
Applications due by May 30th.