The information needs of the community are the first priority of Parkland Community Library's Research Department.
Your information needs are met through:
- The use of traditional reference materials.
- The Jobs & Occupations Collection.
- The Local History Collection.
- Electronic Resources
- Interlibrary Loan Service - If you cannot locate an item in our catalog, you may ask the reference staff to place an interlibrary loan (ILL) request. You may also fill out our online ILL form This service is provided only for patrons who have Parkland Community Library as their home library. ILL requests are usually provided free of charge and allow patrons to borrow materials, primarily books, from other libraries. You will be notified by phone or by email when the item arrives. There are no renewals on these items.
- Research Services also offers basic computer training through regularly scheduled classes focused on: 1) email account creation & use 2) internet use & saftey online 3) job searching skills. Classes are limited so please stop by the reference desk to reserve your seat. The class schedule is available in our regularly printed newsletter or in our online events calendar
- Appointments with a reference librarian can be made to answer detailed questions, basic technology troubleshooting, etc.
In-library computerized services include the Internet, online databases, and POWER library. The Library's Reference Staff is dedicated to giving you the benefit of every available Library resource.