Every year, we review the usage of our library eResources, to make sure we are spending wisely and giving our patrons the best library experience we can offer!
We’re excited to announce some changes that you’ll see coming soon.
New resources coming in July!
Wall Street Journal
Read from home with a link that gives you access for three days.
Get a new link as many times as you like – you can read every day!
Catalog enhancement feature
We’ve always loved NoveList for it’s librarian curated read-alike suggestions. Now you’ll see them integrated into the catalog as you search.
See the rest of the book series in order!
Easily view both Lexile measures and Accelerated Reader levels.
A new collection available to Parkland School District residents on Hoopla, this will include one-user, one-copy, popular titles, in addition to your five instant borrows.
It is a good alternative to check when the holds list on Libby is long!
New Book Alerts with Booksite
Coming in July!
Here are some of the features of Booksite you can look forward to!
- If you love to read a certain genre, you can sign up for an automatic email listing our new library books in your favorite genres.
- If you heard a book mentioned on TV or the radio and you can’t remember the title, there’s an email newsletter for that, too!
- You can also sign up for the BookSizzle weekly email that’s full of interesting book recommendations.
Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center with Brainfuse JobNow!
We’re so excited that the libraries in our district now have live online help for jobseekers!
- Ace the interview with a LIVE Interview Coach service, and resources to help you prepare for your interview.
- Featuring JobNow’s Resume Lab, the Resume Builder provides the resources you need to craft a winning resume.
- Informative, easy-to-use, and free Internet resources for job seekers, including personality and career assessments.
America’s Obituaries with Heritage Hub
- This is an upgraded product from NewsBank with more records for genealogy researchers!
- Discover obituary information spanning more than 200 years with content from all 50 states – including hard-to-find information from the 1940’s, 50’s, 60’s. Learn more in this brief video.
- AtoZ MapsOnline
- cloudLibrary digital ebooks and audiobooks. The savings on platform fees will help us add more titles to Hoopla and Libby by Overdrive.
- Financial Ratings Series
- Infobase Learning Video on Demand for Adults and Kids.
- Rosetta Stone.
PCL Book Club’s June pick was The Dutch House by
June & July 2022 Parkland CARES is seeking donations of Cereal, Pancake Mix and Syrup.Please consider donating to this worthy cause this summer! The Parkland Community Library has partnered with our local food pantry, Parkland CARES, to collect food donations for those in need. Approximately 27% of the Parkland community is currently food insecure, and…
Here are our book lists for students entering each grade of high school. Please note that we may also have some of these titles in other formats, including e-books, e-audiobooks, and CD audiobooks. For some titles, we may have movie adaptations, graphic novel adaptations, literary criticisms, and Cliffs Notes. If you need help finding those formats,…