In honor of Library Lovers’ Month, we invite children and adults to share what they love about the Parkland Community Library. Pick up a paper heart at the Youth Services or the Reference desk and write down your thoughts. We want to hear what the library means to you! Be sure to fill out our Community Survey to help us improve.
Supporting Your Library
There are other ways to support your library, too.
- Volunteer. Read more about volunteer opportunities here.
- Nominate your library as your community, school, or corporate organization’s project for the year.
- Buy your library a subscription to a popular magazine.
- Book Dedications: Honor a friend or relative’s birthday with a book for the library.
- Remember your library in your estate planning.
- Give to the library through your company’s matching program for charitable giving.
- Support the Friends of PCL volunteer group.
- Visit the Friends of PCL’s onsite bookshop.
Let your voice be heard!
- Tag us on social media #MyPCL #ParklandCommunityLibrary
- Take to social media and write to news outlets to express your concerns and support of libraries as a vital resource in your community.
- Attend local government meetings to urge city and county legislators to invest in libraries to save substantial tax dollars and aid people of all ages to become more literate and productive.
- Support library referenda in elections.
- Write to your state and federal legislators and demand that library service be viewed (and funded) as a necessary public service.
- Grassroots: Speak up for libraries at campus or community groups, PTA, Chamber of Commerce, and faculty groups.
- Invite your librarian to talk at functions or meetings to promote library services and needs.