Parkland Perks! Get Your Bestsellers Faster!
Parkland School District Residents that use Libby try out NEW hoopla FLEX!
Are you familiar with Hoopla? We’ve offered this eResource in the past, but now we are adding a brand new way to borrow popular books!
There are two great ways to borrow media from our library’s hoopla collection.
- Our NEW Hoopla Flex collection allows you to borrow popular eBooks and Audiobooks, with the option to place items on hold if they are currently checked out. Flex titles are marked with circling arrows. You can borrow up to five at a time.
- We still have our Hoopla Instant collection which allows you to borrow with no wait time. It includes more forms of media, including eBooks, Audiobooks, Comics, Movies, Music, and Television. Instant titles are marked with a lightning bolt. Use up to 5 instant Borrows per month on any title marked as Instant.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What devices can I use with Hoopla?
- Hoopla allows you to borrow media to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! (See “supported devices” list here).
Q. I see that Hoopla is only for Parkland School District residents. What can I do if I live somewhere else but Parkland is the library I visit?
- Unfortunately, our agreement with Hoopla does not allow us to expand access beyond the Parkland School District. As an alternative, you can use Libby to access ebooks and audiobooks, and you can borrow other forms of media like Playaway audiobooks, and DVDs.
Q. Where can I get help getting started, or asking further questions?
- The reference librarians are here to help! Call us at 610-398-1361 x 106, email us firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the desk. You can even bring your phone or tablet in with you!
TeenTober is an initiative from the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) that encourages teens to visit their library in October to discover media in all forms, technology, games, STEAM activities, and more. This nationwide celebration hosted by libraries aims to celebrate teens, promote year-round teen services and the innovative ways teen services helps teens…
We would like to thank our community partners for making Touch-A-Truck possible! The Friends of the Library Air Products: Toyota Mirai hydrogen fuel cell electric car Cetronia Ambulance DonutNV Allentown Greenawalds Fire and Rescue: rescue truck Hall of Fame Bin Cleaning: bin cleaning truck Lehigh County Special Operations: drones, field truckNorth Whitehall Township Public Works:…
Try Entrepreneurship Classes for Free Online via UniversalClass! Did you know… that Parkland Community Library cardholders can take classes from UniversalClass for free? Just use the letters “PCL” followed by your library card number to log in. Here are the details. UniversalClass has a huge range of class offerings. Classes are available 24/7, so you can…