Parkland Perks! Get Your Bestsellers Faster!
Parkland School District and Northwestern residents that use Libby try out NEW hoopla FLEX!
Are you familiar with Hoopla? We’ve offered this eResource in the past, but now we are adding a brand new way to borrow popular books!
There are two great ways to borrow media from our library’s hoopla collection.
- Our NEW Hoopla Flex collection allows you to borrow popular eBooks and Audiobooks, with the option to place items on hold if they are currently checked out. Flex titles are marked with circling arrows. You can borrow up to five at a time.
- We still have our Hoopla Instant collection, which allows you to borrow without waiting. It includes more forms of media, including eBooks, Audiobooks, Comics, Movies, Music, and Television. Instant titles are marked with a lightning bolt. Use up to 5 instant Borrows per month on any title marked as Instant.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What devices can I use with Hoopla?
- Hoopla allows you to borrow media to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! (See “supported devices” list here).
Q. I see that Hoopla is only for Parkland School District residents. What can I do if I live somewhere else but Parkland is the library I visit?
- Unfortunately, our agreement with Hoopla does not allow us to expand access beyond the Parkland School District and Northwestern residents. As an alternative, you can use Libby to access ebooks and audiobooks, and you can borrow other forms of media like Playaway audiobooks and DVDs.
Q. Where can I get help getting started or ask further questions?
- The reference librarians are here to help! Call us at 610-398-1361 x 106, email us firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the desk. You can even bring your phone or tablet with you!
2024 Monthly, on the third Thursday Young Critics Book Club is a monthly book discussion for ages 8-12. We will share ideas for other great reads while enjoying fun activities and snacks. Join us anyway if you did not finish the book. A parent or guardian must be present for this event. January: “Critic’s Choice.”Read…
2024 Reading List Senior Book Club meets at 3pm on the second Tuesday of the month at Luther Crest in Allentown. All are welcome. Non-residents may participate with their own copy of the book. Drop-in Event *The reading list is subject to change. PCL Event Calendar January When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi, 2016…
2024 Reading List PCL’s book club for adults meets to discuss our latest book pick at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month. Join us each month for a lively book discussion. New members are welcome! Non-residents may participate with their own copy of the book. Be sure to RSVP on our events calendar.…