August 22 – 27, 2022
Stop by your library to pick up your kit. *Please note: We will have a limited number of each kit available for pick up. All kits will be available on a first come, first served basis. One per patron please.
Make a unique suncatcher for your room or give it as a gift! This project may take a few days to complete. Plan ahead to allow at least 4 to 7+ days drying time. Times may vary depending on how much glue you use.
- Clear glue (not included)
- Glass stones
- Plastic lid
- Lay your stones out first to make sure your design fits the lid before you glue everything down. Plan where you will want your hole for the twine to hang your suncatcher. Readjust as needed. *Note: Take a photo of the design with your phone, so you can refer to it.
- When you are happy with your design, clear the stones off and squeeze enough clear glue to cover the lid. (The flat side of the lid should be facing down-you need the edges of the lid up to hold your stones as you glue them on).
- Start placing your stones in your pattern on the lid. Make sure you leave an area between the stones, (preferably on the top of your suncatcher) for the hole to add in the twine when the glue is dry.
- When making your suncatcher, try to make your stones touch, as that will make it much easier to pop out of the lid in one piece when it’s dry.
- After you finish your design, squirt some more glue around and over your suncatcher to solidify the design.
- Wait! Allow at least 3-7days (it might take longer, be patient!)
- After a few days, your suncatcher should be able to peel away from the lid very easily. If you try to peel it away and you still see glue strings or it still seems like it’s wet or stuck to the lid, let it dry more.
- When the glue is completely dry, add your twine or wire to hang it.
Choose a window that only gets a few hours of direct sunlight a day. A very hot window of direct sunlight may melt the glue and fade the stones.
Share your completed project with us!
Email your first name, last initial and your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
All programming is sponsored by The Friends of the Parkland Community Library.
Learn more about The Friends on their webpage.
Holiday HoursVeterans Day- Friday, November 11, 2022The library is open with regular hours.Thanksgiving Eve—Wednesday, November 23, 2022Hours: 9AM-5PMThe library will be closed:Thanksgiving Day—Thursday, November 24, 2022Day after Thanksgiving—Friday, November 25, 2022Staff Development Day—Friday, December 2Our holiday hours and closures are posted in the alert bar on our homepage, Google business page, and eNews.
In this heartrending debut, Fatimah Asghar traces the intense bond of three orphaned siblings who, after their parents die, are left to raise one another. The youngest, Kausar, grapples with the incomprehensible loss of her parents as she also charts out her own understanding of gender; Aisha, the middle sister, spars with her “crybaby” younger…
Libraries have evolved over the years, and PCL is no exception. With our 2021 renovation, we have enlarged our indoor spaces and have room outside to host programs for our community. We are pleased to be a center for people to gather. Whether you’re looking for a fun activity to an educational presentation, our programs…