Try Parenting and Family Classes for Free Online via UniversalClass!Positive Parenting Techniques
Did you know…
that Parkland Community Library cardholders can take classes from UniversalClass for free? Just use the letters “PCL” followed by your library card number to log in.
Here are the details.
- UniversalClass has a huge range of class offerings.
- Classes are available 24/7, so you can take them at your own pace, any time.
- Classes are video based.
- You can earn continuing education for the class by taking the online quizzes and completing assignments.
- Or, you can choose to “video audit” the class and watch it without completing assignments.
This month we’re highlighting classes in the parenting and family category.
Featured course: Positive Parenting Techniques.
Parenting is both rewarding and challenging. Positive parenting brings together the knowledge and the mindset for parents to meet these challenges. Parenting is more rewarding as parents learn to promote children’s natural potential for optimal outcomes.
One student’s testimonial: “I’m glad I took this course. It was more challenging than I thought. I especially enjoyed learning about the different stages of child development, physically and mentally. I also enjoyed learning about the different parenting style characteristics and the effects on children. Moving forward, this course has already provided me with some insights on better understanding my grandchildren, which is the main reason I took this course.”— Maria H.
There are 50+ parenting and family courses available, including:
- Attention Deficit Disorders: ADD and ADHD
- Autism 101
- For more on this topic, check out our post for Autism Acceptance Month.
- Babysitting 101
- Basic Parenting 101
- Building Self-Esteem in Children
- Building Reading Skills in Children
- You may also want to sign up for 1000 Books before Kindergarten or Summer Reading.
- Caring for Seniors
- You may also want to visit our Dementia Support Group.
- Child Safety for Parents
- Domestic Violence 101
- For more local help, see Turning Point Lehigh Valley.
- Early Childhood Development 101
- Elementary School Bullying
- Middle and High School Bullying
- Single Parenting 101.
You can find UniversalClass on our eResources page. You will need a Parkland Community Library card to log in and make an account. Use the letters “PCL” followed by your card number to log in. And, if you want to learn more about these topics, we also have a great section of parenting books in the Barclay Family Children’s Wing.
PCL Book Club’s June pick was The Dutch House by
June & July 2022 Parkland CARES is seeking donations of Cereal, Pancake Mix and Syrup.Please consider donating to this worthy cause this summer! The Parkland Community Library has partnered with our local food pantry, Parkland CARES, to collect food donations for those in need. Approximately 27% of the Parkland community is currently food insecure, and…
Here are our book lists for students entering each grade of high school. Please note that we may also have some of these titles in other formats, including e-books, e-audiobooks, and CD audiobooks. For some titles, we may have movie adaptations, graphic novel adaptations, literary criticisms, and Cliffs Notes. If you need help finding those formats,…