Hours, Self Checkout, Book Drops, & Illness Guidelines
Join us on social media.
Library & The Friends Book Shop Hours are listed on our homepage.
Summer Saturday Hours
Each June-August, the library has summer Saturday hours.
Special Weather Statements & Closures
In the event of inclement weather, a recorded phone message will be made. Visitors can check the alert bar on the homepage for closures and special hours.
General account information, card renewal, fines, damages, etc. Contact our circulation desk:
Contact our reference desk for catalog questions, eResources, recommendations, and placing holds:
Reference Ext. 106
PCL has a self checkout kiosk located just outside by the reference desk.
Scan your card, enter your PIN (the last 4 digits of your phone number), and place your books on the pad to get started.
A 24/7 book drop is located in the back of the library. There is no public entrance at the back of the building. Patrons must use the entrance located at the front of the building.
- 24-Hour Book Drop: PCL’s book drop is located in the back of the building.
- North Whitehall Township Building: 3256 Levans Rd, Coplay, PA 18037
The library will be picking up items once a week. You will not incur overdue fees on most items; we are now fine-free!
*Parkland Community Library shall not be responsible for any materials left outside the book drops. If any materials are lost, damaged, or stolen that are left outside, the patron will be held accountable.
The library is located on the South Whitehall Township campus. Enter through the marked entrance, bearing in mind the circle is one-way.
Accessible parking is available in the front of the library, where the entrance is located. Additional parking is available on the side and rear of the building; the side lot has access via both ramp and stairs. There are no entrances at the side or rear of the building.
The spaces by the back of the building by the book drop are designated for staff and/or overflow parking.
CURBSIDE PICK-UP IS AVAILABLE
Curbside pick-up instructions are as follows:
Items will be held for four business days.
- Once you receive an email/text that your items are available for pick-up, park in the space designated for curbside pickup by the library’s front entrance.
- Call the library at 610-398-1361, extension 101 or 102 from your vehicle.
- Have the library card number that you used to place the holds.
- Your items will be checked out and brought to you.
- Pick-up hours will end 15 minutes before closing.
- If you do not have a cell phone, please call the library from home to make other arrangements.
Illness Guidelines for Visiting an LCLC Library
For the safety of all, we ask that people who feel ill do not come inside. Patrons who are visibly sick or coughing/sneezing excessively will be asked to leave.
Masks are optional. *Subject to change.
The Parkland Community Library follows guidance from the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, which states that libraries can issue policies for using local facilities as determined by county, municipal, or library decisions.
Thank you for helping to keep our communities safe!