Notary Public Service Policy
The Parkland Community Library offers Notary Public Services for the benefit of the residents of our community. The following guidelines will be followed in the provision of Notary Service:
- It is recommended that patrons seeking Notary Service call the Library to make an appointment prior to their visit to ensure that a Notary is available at that time. Please call the library at 610-398-1361 ext. 101.
- Notary Service is provided free of charge to Parkland School District residents
- Valid photo identification is required of anyone seeking Notary Service.
- The Library will not provide witnesses, and witnesses may not be solicited from patrons using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
- Only documents in English can be notarized at the Parkland Community Library at this time.
- In the event that the document, customer or circumstances of the request for Notary Service raises any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, or uncertainty for the Library we have the right to decline providing this service. Services not able to be performed are:
- Certifying copies of official documents such as birth, death or naturalization certificates
- Notarizing blank documents
- Notarizing by proxy
- Giving legal advice or mediating disputes
- Notarizing rubber stamped signatures
- Acting as a bill collector
- Performing marriages