Summer Library Assistant(Temporary)
The Parkland Community Library is currently accepting applications for a temporary part-time Library Assistant in our Youth Services department. We are looking for a dependable and punctual team member who will provide consistent customer service and is aligned with our service values and core beliefs.
Library Assistant, Youth Services (Part-time, Seasonal)
- This position is primarily responsible for staffing the public desk in the Children’s department
- Up to 20 hours per week for 10 weeks (June 12-August 19)
- Work schedule includes days, evenings, and the occasional Saturday
- $14 per hour
Qualifications: High school diploma or G.E.D.; stellar customer service skills; knowledge of technology such as Google Suite and Microsoft Office, and ability to work with minimal direction is necessary. Applicants with previous library experience and/or currently enrolled in a relevant college program will be highly considered.
Accountability: Responsible to the Head of Youth Services
- Monitor the Children’s Wing and maintain a safe, attractive environment for library patrons
- Assist patrons with locating library materials and reader’s advisory
- Assists with collection maintenance, including displays and shelf reading
- Promote library programs/services and register children and teens for programs
- Implement library programs for elementary-aged children
- Supervise teen summer volunteers in the absence of the Head of Youth Services
- Shelves materials when necessary
- Prepare materials for library programs and assist with special projects
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. minimum
- Ability to stoop, stand, and kneel
- Ability to sustain mental and physical activity for up to 8 hours
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal history, child abuse screening, and FBI fingerprinting prior to employment
- Submit a resume, brief introductory statement, and contact information for two professional references to Jaclyn Hoimes, Head of Youth Services. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and may be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled
Download our job application here.